Any kind of action which is done in the present time is called present tense. From an example, you may understand that. In this article, we will briefly discuss the present tense.
- I read a book.
- I am reading a book
- I have read a book
- I have been reading a book for an hour.
Simple Present Tense
The simple present tense is used as habitual or regular or repeated action to express. In this, we will briefly discuss simple present tense.
Structure: Subject + verb (s/es) + object.
- Sam goes to bed at 10 P.M
- He always comes here on Saturday.
- She reads the newspaper every morning.
- He takes tea without sugar.
- We work 8 hours a week.
- I live in Sonipath.
The formula of Simple Present Tense
Subject + verb (s/es) + object.
Sentence Structure Rules
- Positive statements
➥Subject + verb (s/es) + object
- Negative statements
➥Subject + do/does + not + verb + object
- Question statements
➥Do/does + subject + verb + object + ?
Examples of Simple Present Tense in Sentence
- He always plays cricket. (simple)
- He does not play cricket. (negative)
- Does he play cricket? (question)
Exercise of Simple Present Tense
- He_______ a letter.
- I never _______ mangoes.
- The theatre _______ at 7 o’clock.
- Damaged roads _________ many road accidents.
- The cricket world cup ________ place every four years.