BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application) course. BCA is three years UG(undergraduate) degree course in Computer Application. This degree is only for those students who want to get into the IT(Information Technology) sector. It is one of the most popular carrier options for students.
- 1 What is BCA course ?
- 2 Eligibility Contidions?
- 3 Skill Required To Do BCA Course
- 4 Syllabus Of BCA
- 5 First Semester
- 6 Second Semester
- 7 Third Semester
- 8 Fourth Semester
- 9 Fifth Semester
- 10 Sixth Semester
- 11 How to get Admission in BCA
- 12 Top Government and Private Instute
- 13 BCA Course Highlights
- 14 Fee Structure of BCA
- 15 Carrier Prospects After BCA course
- 16 Top Recruiters Of BCA Degree Holders
- 17 What Is The Salary?
- 18 What is BCA?
- 19 Full form of BCA
- 20 What should I do After BCA?
- 21 What is the Full form of BCA
- 22 What is the BCA salary
- 23 Is BCA good after 12th
What is BCA course ?
BCA is a three-year-long under-graduation degree course for students who wanted to learn computer application development with the help of learning modern programming languages.
BCA course is a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. A BCA professional is trained to use computers to solve a particular problem and accomplish a particular job. This course is designed to meet up the demands of qualified professionals in the IT industry.
So, as for as educational qualification is concerned aspiring candidates must have passed 10+2 in any stream with mathematics and one of the subjects.
Some colleges may also demand minimum marks required like an aggregate of 50% to 55%
or above in class 12th. However, the eligibility criteria might differ from college to college.
Skill Required To Do BCA Course
Along with full filling the minimum eligibility conditions you must have a certain set of required skills to be able to successfully complete BCA and these are:
- Thorough knowledge of computer and in information technology.
- Strong programming and technical skills.
- Confidence of solving problems.
- Practical aspects developing ability.
- Analytical thinking and good creativity skills.
- Awareness of lattest technology trends.
- Positive attitude in teamwork.
- Good communication and Behavioural skills.
Syllabus Of BCA
So, the three years full-time BCA course has been divided into six semesters. The duration of six months each, the basic course emphasizes database management systems, operating systems, computer architecture, web technology, and language such as C, C++, Html, Java, ASP.NET, Android, Oracle, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Ethical Hacking, etc.
In the first semester, you study subjects like
- Creative English
- Digital Computer Fundamentals
- Foundation mathematics
- Hardware lab(CIA only)
- Introduction to programming using C
- Statistics I for BCA
- C programming Lab and
- PC software lab
The second semester consists of subjects like
- Basic discrete mathemathics
- Communicative English
- Case Tools Lab(CIA Only)
- Data Structures
- Data Structures Lab
- Operating Systems
- Visual Programming Lab
The third semester usually consists of subjects like
- Database management systems
- Finencial Accounting
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introductory Algebra
- Object oriented programming Using C++
- Software Engineering
- C++ Lab
- Oracle Lab and
- Domain Lab
This semester consists of
- Computer Networks
- Finencial management
- Professional English
- Programming In Java
- Java programming Lab
- DBMS Project Lab
- Web Technology Lab and
- Language Lab
In fifth semester BCA, you will study subjects like
- Business Intelligence
- Graphics and Animation
- OOAD Using UML
- Python Programming
- UNIX Programming
- User Interface Design
- UNIX Lab
- Graphics and Animation Lab
- Python Programming Lab
- Business Intelligence Lab and
- Web Designing Project
The last and sixth semester consists of
- Advance Database management System
- Cloud Computing
- Client-server Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Multimedia Applications and
- Introduction to software Computing
How to get Admission in BCA
Admission to the BCA course is provided in two ways, One is through BCA entrance Exams and another way is Direct Admission.
Direct Admission is done from the of Marit and Qualifying Exams. Management Quota admission and some of the institutions is also one way of direct admissions.
Management Quota seats in every college are reserved. Fees are generally higher for these seats than general seats.
Direct admission is provided by private colleges such as LPU, and Chandigarh University Etc. However, most of the reputed BCA institutes provide admissions on the basis of BCA entrance exams taken by them.
Some of the BCA entrance exams that you think of taking to get admission to the BCA course are:
Top Government and Private Instute
Now, you would like to know which are the top government and private institutes that provide BCA courses. So some of the top government institutes providing BCA courses are
- DU(Delhi University) Delhi
- JNU(Jawaharlal Nehru University) Delhi
- NIT(National Institute of Technology Trichy) Tamil Nadu
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Punjab University Chandigarh
- Chandigarh University, Mohali Punjab
- AMITY University, Noida
- VIT University, Vellore and
- Lovely Professional University,
BCA Course Highlights
Highlights of BCA course
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Class 12 from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Counseling after qualification of entrance examination|
|Top recruiting organizations||IT & Software Companies|
|Top recruiting areas||Software Development, Testing, Digital Marketing, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||Rs 80,000 to 2,00,000 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs 25k to 40k /- per month|
Fee Structure of BCA
Now, you would like to know the fee structure of the BCA Course. The fee structure of the BCA course is very greatly from institute to institute, In government institutes, it can be anywhere between Rs 80,000 to 2,00,000 whereas in Private Institute it can be Rs. 1.5 Lakh to Rs. 3.5 Lakh for courses.
Carrier Prospects After BCA course
In the ever-growing, IT industry the demand for BCA graduates is increasing rapidly. All candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer application along with the right amount of relevant work experience, skills, and caliber can easily find great job opportunities at leading IT firms at various levels like as a system engineer.
In top companies like Infosys, Wipro, hp, google a system engineer develops tests and evaluates the software’s circuits and personal computers further as a programmer in various software development firms the duty of programmer is to write codes for software,
Next as a web developer in various web designing companies and online digital marketing companies, a web developer is a programmer who specializes in the development of worldwide web i.e www applications.
The role of web developers is to build and maintain websites. BCA degree holders can also get an opportunity as a system administer. In an organization including a bank, school, or college.
Besides these positions, you can also work as
- Chief information officer
- Computer Programmers and Trainees
- Computer Systems Analysts and Scientists
- Computer Support Service and
- Presentation Specialist
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Database Admisinstrators
- Faculy as trainer in Institutes/Colleges
- Independent consultants
- Information system manager
- Multimedia and Networking Trainee
- Project Manager
- System Engineer Trainee
- Sofware Publishers and Testers and
- Trainee Programmer etc.
Also, there is a number of job opportunities where you can apply for jobs.
Top Recruiters Of BCA Degree Holders
Some of the Top companies which you can join after completing your BCA are:
- ICS Solutions
- HCL technologies
- Hexaware Technologies Ltd.
- AON Hewitt
- L & T (Larsen & Toub) Infotech
- Zen Focus
- Aricent Technologies and
- SunLife Technologies etc.
What Is The Salary?
Now comes the most important questions i.e what is the salaries and pay package after BCA course. The IT field is one of the Highest fields to pay the fees for the fresher.
A computer professional working in a big MNC can easily get an initial package of rs. 25,000 to Rs. 40,000/- per month. However, salaries and packages may differ greatly from city to city, Industry to industry, and according to work experience and expertise, and individuals.
So, guys that are all about BCA courses, I hope you like my blog about the BCA courses. If it is really so please comment below for appreciation.
- 06 Tips To Improve Your English | English speaking tips
- A to Z Complete Full Form List With Meaning
- Importance Of English Speaking | Spoken English Tips
What is BCA?
BCA is a computer application program for an Under-graduate Degree.
Full form of BCA
BCA: Batchelor of Computer Application
What should I do After BCA?
After BCA you can do a Job in MNC companies or go for Higher Education.
What is the Full form of BCA
Bachelor of Computer Application
What is the BCA salary
The salary after BCA may differ according to experience. for the freshers then can get up to 25k to 40k/-per month
Is BCA good after 12th
It depends on you, If you like coding and if you are interested in computer science then you must come. It doesn’t matter whether you are from a science background or commerce.